Thursday, April 15, 2010

Italian Mouthwatering Meatballs

Well I figured I would entertain your mouth since I'm still working on my rag quilt. I'm almost done though! (((((Ooooooooo you so can't wait can you! ;)))))))) I know I can't and Im making it! Oh and Cade is my happy little helper. I guess you could say he's testing the fabric to make sure it's soft enough? :)


Anywho, I made these the other night with my hubby. They are a family favorite and my famous Uncle Micheal (a.k.a. amazing Italian cook!) was so wonderful enough to give me the recipe.
I added some of my own zest to it to spice it up a bit.... not that it needed that, but owell! So have some fun while you make these and enjoy your Italian night on me! Loves!



1 lb ground beef

1 pkg ground spicy Italian sausage

6-8 slices of white bread, cut off edges

2 eggs

1 bunch fresh chopped Italian parsley (leaves only)

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 cup (or little more) of Romano Grated Cheese



(1) Turn on broiler.

(2) Place tin foil over broiler pan. Press holes, using a knife, so grease will go through pan when meatballs are cooking.
(3) Place meat in a large bowl
(4) Wet (but don't soak) bread ... add to bowl (I just lightly ran the bread under drizzling water to dampen)
(5) Add egg, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper & cheese to bowl
(6) Thoroughly mix with both of your hands. Make sure bread is thoroughly mixed in.

Mixture should not be too wet or too dry.


(7) Form meatballs and place on broiler pan.


(8) Place broiler pan (I just used my glass pyrex pan) with meatballs on rack of oven. Make sure rack isn't too close to broiler... down 1 or 2 from top.

(9) Cook meatballs for around 10 minutes in broiler, turn meatballs, and cook another 10 minutes.

Serve with your favorite Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.... yummmmm!
SCRUMP-CHU-LESS-ANT!!!

2 comments:

  1. I made these yummy meatballs last night. I look forward to more recipes. Thanks. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have Michael's recipe!! I'm so going to make these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails